Videos are not designed to be a substitute for instructions. Please refer to the detailed Documentation below.
WordPress to Hootsuite Pro supports publishing any number of existing Posts, Pages or Custom Post Types to your Hootsuite account in bulk.
To set up bulk publishing:
- Define the status updates for each social media profile,
- Run the Bulk Publish tool.
1. Define Status Updates
To set your status messages for bulk publishing:
- In the WordPress Administration, click on the WP to Hootsuite Pro > Settings in the menu.
- Click on the Bulk Publishing tab:
- Define your default status settings, and optionally define per-profile settings. Refer to the Status Settings Documentation.
2. Run the Bulk Publish Tool
Once you’ve defined some bulk publish settings above, you can publish multiple Posts, Pages or Custom Post Types to Hootsuite.
There are two ways to Bulk Publish Posts, Pages or Custom Post Types:
- Bulk Actions through the Posts, Pages or Custom Post Type screens,
- Using WordPress to Hootsuite Pro’s Bulk Publish option.
2a. Bulk Actions through Posts, Pages or Custom Post Types
When viewing a list of Posts, Pages or Custom Post Types:
- Click the checkbox beside each Post you want to send to Hootsuite
- Under the Bulk Actions dropdown, choose the Send to Hootsuite option
- Click Apply
You will then be taken to WordPress to Hootsuite Pro’s Bulk Publish screen, where you can confirm the Post(s) you have selected. This is documented below.
2b. WordPress to Hootsuite Pro’s Bulk Publish option
Click on WP to Hootsuite Pro > Bulk Publish
Choose a Post Type
Click on the Post Type tab, relevant to the Post Type you want to publish in bulk
Choose / Filter Post(s)
Next, we’ll query our Post Type to get a subset of Posts that we can then choose to publish to Hootsuite. Several filters are available, which allow you to determine the Post(s) that you want to select for Bulk Publishing to Hootsuite.
- Published Date: Click on the date fields, and use the datepicker to choose the start and end publication dates.
You must specify start and end dates.
- Author: To only publish Posts to Hootsuite written by specific Author(s), select them by clicking the checkbox beside their username.
- Meta / Custom Fields: To only publish Posts to Hootsuite that contain specific Post Meta (or “Custom Field”) data, use this option
- Multiple Meta / Custom Field key/values can be added, if you want to restrict Posts by multiple values.
- Search Terms: Posts will only be published to Hootsuite if their Title or Content contain the given search term(s).
- If you’re looking to restrict Posts by Page Builder or Advanced Custom Fields data, you’ll need to use the Meta / Custom Fields option above with the ‘LIKE’ comparison. Most Page Builders / ACF data is stored in Post Meta, meaning the Search Terms options here will not apply.
- Taxonomy Terms: Depending on your Post Type, you’ll see options to select Terms for e.g. Categories, Tags. Posts will only be included for publication if they match any of the chosen term(s).
- Order By: Defines how to order Posts that will be added to your Hootsuite queue.
- Order: Defines the order in which Posts will be processed and added to your Hootsuite queue. This is used in combination with the Order By setting – for example, you can choose to send Posts to Hootsuite starting with the oldest published date first.
- Click Choose Posts
Select which Post(s) to publish to your Hootsuite account
Based on the query conditions entered above, or the Posts chosen in the Post Edit screen, you’ll now see any matching Post(s):
Either use the Select All option to choose to publish all Posts to Hootsuite, or use the checkboxes beside the Post(s) you want to publish to Hootsuite.
Click Publish to Hootsuite Now to publish the selected Post(s) to Hootsuite.
3. Publishing Progress
WordPress to Hootsuite Pro will display on screen progress whilst it publishes each of your Post(s) to Hootsuite. Make sure you don’t close your browser window / tab until this process is complete.
For each Post and status, you’ll see an on screen message confirming whether publication succeeded or not.