There are two ways to license your WordPress Plugin:
- Via the Licensing screen within the Plugin, or
- By defining a constant in your wp-config.php file
Once activated, the Plugin will prompt you for a license key:
Click on the Plugin’s name in the WordPress Administration menu.
On the following screen, you can enter your license key.
Once you have entered your license key, click Save and ensure that the confirmation message displays to confirm that a valid license key has been entered:
Click the Plugin name’s menu entry in the WordPress Administration again to see the available options for this Plugin.
Alternatively, you can define the license key by adding the following to your wp-config.php file:
define( 'PRODUCT-NAME-PRO_LICENSE_KEY', 'your_license_key' );
PRODUCT-NAME-PRO_LICENSE_KEY is the name of the WordPress Plugin the license key applies to. Please note the use of dashes and underscores – we recommend copying the below constants to ensure they’re correct.
- Comment Rating Field Pro: COMMENT-RATING-FIELD-PRO-PLUGIN_LICENSE_KEY
- Page Generator Pro: PAGE-GENERATOR-PRO_LICENSE_KEY
- WP to Buffer Pro: WP-TO-BUFFER-PRO_LICENSE_KEY
- WP to Hootsuite Pro: WP-TO-HOOTSUITE-PRO_LICENSE_KEY
If the license key constant is setup correctly, the Licensing screen on the WordPress Administration will have the licensing field greyed out: