WordPress to SocialPilot Pro provides a manual option for you to:
- Choose one or more Post(s),
- Send the status(es) defined for the Post Type under the Bulk Publish action.
Bulk Publish statuses are best for reviving (reposting) old Posts on a one time basis, that you’re not likely to update the content of very often.
Define Status Updates
To set your status messages for bulk publishing:
- In the WordPress Administration, click on the WP to SocialPilot Pro > Settings in the menu.
- Click on the Post Type tab you’ll be Bulk Publishing
- Define your default status settings, and optionally define per-profile settings, under the Bulk Publish action.
Refer to the Status Settings Documentation.
Select Posts to Bulk Publish through WordPress
When viewing a list of Posts, Pages or Custom Post Types:
- Click the checkbox beside each Post you want to send to SocialPilot
- Under the Bulk Actions dropdown, choose the Send to SocialPilot option
- Click Apply
You will then be taken to WordPress to SocialPilot Pro’s Bulk Publish screen, where you can confirm the Post(s) you have selected. This is documented below.
Select Posts to Bulk Publish through the Plugin
Click on WP to SocialPilot Pro > Bulk Publish
Choose a Post Type
Click on the Post Type tab, relevant to the Post Type you want to publish in bulk
Choose / Filter Post(s)
Next, we’ll query our Post Type to get a subset of Posts that we can then choose to publish to SocialPilot. Several filters are available, which allow you to determine the Post(s) that you want to select for Bulk Publishing to SocialPilot.
- Published Date: Click on the date fields, and use the datepicker to choose the start and end publication dates.
You must specify start and end dates.
- Author: To only publish Posts to SocialPilot written by specific Author(s), select them by clicking the checkbox beside their username.
- Meta / Custom Fields: To only publish Posts to SocialPilot that contain specific Post Meta (or “Custom Field”) data, use this option
- Multiple Meta / Custom Field key/values can be added, if you want to restrict Posts by multiple values.
- Search Terms: Posts will only be published to SocialPilot if their Title or Content contain the given search term(s).
- If you’re looking to restrict Posts by Page Builder or Advanced Custom Fields data, you’ll need to use the Meta / Custom Fields option above with the ‘LIKE’ comparison. Most Page Builders / ACF data is stored in Post Meta, meaning the Search Terms options here will not apply.
- Taxonomy Terms: Depending on your Post Type, you’ll see options to select Terms for e.g. Categories, Tags. Posts will only be included for publication if they match any of the chosen term(s).
- Order By: Defines how to order Posts that will be added to your SocialPilot queue.
- Order: Defines the order in which Posts will be processed and added to your SocialPilot queue. This is used in combination with the Order By setting – for example, you can choose to send Posts to SocialPilot starting with the oldest published date first.
- Click Choose Posts
Select which Post(s) to publish to your SocialPilot account
Based on the query conditions entered above, or the Posts chosen in the Post Edit screen, you’ll now see any matching Post(s):
Either use the Select All option to choose to publish all Posts to SocialPilot, or use the checkboxes beside the Post(s) you want to publish to SocialPilot.
Click Publish to SocialPilot Now to publish the selected Post(s) to SocialPilot.
WordPress to SocialPilot Pro will display on screen progress whilst it publishes each of your Post(s) to SocialPilot. Make sure you don’t close your browser window / tab until this process is complete.
For each Post and status, you’ll see an on screen message confirming whether publication succeeded or not.