Videos are not designed to be a substitute for instructions. Please refer to the detailed Documentation below.
At times, WordPress to Buffer Pro may not be able to send your status to Buffer through the Buffer API.
Before opening a support request with us, please ensure you’ve completed the following steps:
- Enable Logging. This can be done via WordPress Administration > WP to Buffer Pro > Settings > Enable Logging.
- Disable WP-Cron. This can be done via WordPress Administration > WP to Buffer Pro > Settings > Use WP Cron?
- Review the logs of the failed Post. This can be done by editing your Page, Post or Custom Post Type and making a note of any error messages that appear in the Log window. If the Buffer: Response provides a meaningful error message, take a moment to review that and act as necessary. For example, if the error states that your Buffer queue is full, or that the status message is similar to the previous message, then you’ll need to make changes.
When sending your support request, be sure to include:
- An Export of your Plugin Settings (WP to Buffer Pro > Import/Export > Export)
- An Export of your Plugin Log (Step 3 > Export Log)
- A copy of any on screen errors you see whilst trying to publish a Post to Buffer.
Please note: If we receive a support request that does not demonstrate all of the above items have been completed, we will ask that you complete them. On average, we can resolve tickets 85% faster this way.
Buffer API Error: 400 Bad Request. Invalid image url parameter supplied
Buffer doesn’t accept image URLs with accented / special characters in the image filename. You can install the Media File Renamer Plugin, which will automatically remove these special characters when you upload image(s) to WordPress.
Buffer will then accept the image you are trying to include with your status update, and no error will be returned.
WP to Buffer Pro: Featured Image setting is not honored
Since December 18th, 2017, Facebook require that you verify domain name ownership when using what Buffer call “Link attachment customizations” (i.e. specifying a different image than the Featured Image for a Page, Post or Custom Post Type).