The Generate via Server action asynchronously generates content by using WordPress’ CRON system. This means that you do not need to keep your browser screen open, as the generation processes is triggered and monitored on the server side by WordPress’ CRON system.
To access this option, visit:
- Content: Page Generator Pro > Generate: Content > click Generate via Server in the table for the applicable Content Group:
- Terms: Page Generator Pro > Generate: Terms > click Generate via Server in the table for the applicable Content Group:
A message is displayed on screen confirming you want to generate Pages / Terms:
The Content Group’s Status will update to Scheduled
After a few moments, you may wish to refresh the screen to confirm the status of the Content Group is now Generating:
Sometimes, Generate via Server may not generate content as expected. Because it is triggered and monitored on the server side by WordPress’ CRON system, you’ll need to perform a few steps to debug why generation failed, in the following order:
WordPress’ Cron is disabled due to DISABLE_WP_CRON
If you see this notice when attempting to use the Generate via Server functionality, your WordPress installation has disabled WordPress’ Cron.
It must be enabled for this functionality – as well as other key WordPress tasks – to work.
Remove this line from you wp-config.php file:
define( 'DISABLE_WP_CRON', true );
Install the Crontrol Plugin
Install the Crontrol Plugin, and check for the page_generator_pro_generate_cron task immediately after clicking Generate via Server for the applicable Content Group.
Enable Plugin Logging
- Enable Logging in the Plugin’s Settings.
- Review the Logging Documentation to search for logs related to the applicable Content Group.
Enable WordPress Logging
- Enable error logging to WordPress’
wp-content/debug.logby adding/modifying the following lines in your wp-config.php file:
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true ); define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
- Review both Plugin and WordPress logs, and make a note of any errors or warnings.