At times,Page Generator Pro may not produce the results that you expect.
Before opening a support request, please follow all of the below common issues, making changes as necessary.
The same Page continues to be generated over and over again
The Permalink defined in the Content Group must be unique.
Refer to the Documentation, section Permalinks:
Two options are available:
- Define a dynamic Permalink by using keywords, ensuring that the output for each generated Page will always produce a unique slug,
- Leave the Permalink field blank, allowing WordPress to generate a unique, non-overwriting Permalink based on the Title.
Millions of Pages are Generated, when I only expected Thousands of Pages
Assuming two keywords are used, each with 1,000 terms:
- If your expectation is that 1,000,000 Pages be produced (that is, every single possible unique combination of keywords are used), ensure that the Content Group’s Method is set to All.
- If your expectation is that 1,000 Pages be produced (that is, keyword terms are used on a sequential, one to one basis), ensure that the Content Group’s Method is set to Sequential.
Refer to the detailed Documentation, which explains precisely how Generation Methods work:
Certain characters do not display correctly
If you’re using characters such as Ä and Ö, and they do not display correctly on generated content, there is a misconfiguration in your WordPress and/or database configuration. You must verify that:
- Your MySQL database tables encoding is set to UTF-8 Unicode (utf8mb4). Confirm this by viewing each WordPress database table information in your database editor (such as phpMyAdmin or Sequel Pro):
- Your MySQL database tables collation is set to utf8mb4 (ideally, utf8mb4_general_ci). Confirm this by viewing each WordPress database table information in your database editor (such as phpMyAdmin or Sequel Pro):
- Your WordPress database character set is set to utf8mb4. Confirm this by editing your wp-config.php file, noting the below setting:
- Your WordPress database collate set is blank. Confirm this by editing your wp-config.php file, noting the below setting:
Mixing database encoding, collation and WordPress’ database character set will result in content issues not just for Page Generator Pro, but for other plugins and content in general.
Elementor: The preview could not be loaded
In the WordPress Administration interface:
- Navigate to Settings > Permalinks
- Click Save Changes
1.8.3: License key does not work
We are aware that a small minority of customers are unable to license 1.8.3, therefore do not receive automatic updates. To resolve, the following one time actions are required: