By default, Page Generator Pro will remove all third party plugin and theme meta boxes from the Generate Content screen.
This is by design, based on our user research:
- We’re able to produce a simplified interface, focusing on the essential components. In turn, this makes content generation faster and simpler for users.
- Many meta boxes add no value to generated content, or may not even apply to the Post Type that you generate.
The following Plugins will display meta boxes on the Generate Content screen, ensuring that you can configure settings for those Plugins as necessary. These settings will be copied to your generated Pages, Posts and/or Custom Post Types:
- Avada 7.0+ (Theme)
- Avada Builder (Plugin, formerly called Fusion Builder)
- Avia Layout Builder (Plugin)
- Beaver Builder (Plugin)
- BeTheme (Theme)
- Divi 3.0+ (Theme)
- Elementor (Plugin)
- Enfold (Theme)
- Muffin Page Builder (Plugin)
- Pro (Theme)
- SiteOrigin Page Builder (Plugin)
- The Divi Builder (Plugin)
- WPBakery Visual Composer 5.0+ (Plugin)
- X (Theme)
- Advanced Custom Fields
- All in One SEO Pack
- Yoast SEO
Enabling Custom Meta Boxes
If you use other Plugins, or have your own code, that registers Meta Boxes, you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- Ensure that the Custom Meta Boxes / your code registers meta box(es) against the page-generator-pro Post Type. Please note that we cannot control this; it is your responsibility to ensure this happens in your code, or by working with your third party plugin developer.
- Add the following code to a new file at wp-content/plugins/page-generator-pro-enable-meta-boxes.php
- Edit the code as necessary, defining the meta box IDs to permit. To determine the ID of a meta box, view it when editing a Page or Post, noting its ID in the source code of the page:
- Navigate to your WordPress Administration interface > Plugins, and activate the Page Generator Pro: Enable Meta Boxes Plugin.
The meta box(es) defined will then be displayed on the Generate Content screen: