The General Settings provides options for defining site wide settings in various areas.
In your WordPress Administration interface, navigate to Page Generator Pro > Settings
Whilst there is no evidence that search engines penalize sites that use a particular Plugin, mass page generator etc, some users prefer to hide that they are using Page Generator Pro.
The CSS Prefix option allows users to optionally define a unique string prefix to use for shortcode HTML and CSS output, instead of the default page-generator-pro prefix.
- Defining your own prefix, such as your site name, will replace the default page-generator-pro prefix on frontend shortcode HTML and CSS output.
- It does not change the plugin name.
- The prefix supports letters and dashes only. Any other characters entered will be removed.
Disable Custom Fields Dropdown on Pages
When any WordPress web site has a large number of Pages, and each Page has many Custom Fields (sometimes referred to as Post Meta data), there’s a known performance bottleneck – in WordPress – that slows down the load time when editing a Page, Post or Custom Post Type, as WordPress attempts to populate the Custom Field Key dropdown.
This UI functionality can safely be disabled, with no negative impact on third party Plugins, by enabling the Disable Custom Fields Dropdown on Pages option.
Change Page Parent Dropdown Field
When any WordPress web site has a large number of Pages, there’s a known performance bottleneck – in WordPress – that slows down the load time when editing a Page, Post or Custom Post Type, as WordPress attempts to populate the Parent Page Attribute dropdown with every single WordPress Page.
This UI functionality can safely be replaced with either:
- ID field: An input field. You can enter the Page ID that you want the Page you’re editing to be a child of.
- Search Dropdown Field: A dropdown field, similar to WordPress’ default. As you type into the field, the Plugin will search WordPress for matching Pages and display them in the dropdown, for you to then select from.
There is no negative impact on third party Plugins, by changing the field output.